Friday, May 18, 2012

Brownie Cookie Dough Sandwiches

Brownie Cookie Dough Sandwiches

I'm not one for homemade oreos, mostly because the filling isn't my favorite. But I saw this pin and thought, "cookie dough for the center cream? Yes, please!" So I pinned it and then pinned a bunch more things and forgot about this one. 

Last night, my husband and I, were chillin' and he had a craving for something sweet, so I pulled up pinterest and this is the  pin he wanted to make. Since I was missing a few ingredients I ran to the store and came back home ready for some baking. Although my husband said he would help, he quickly gets distracted and ended up only softening the butter for me, BUT he did stay in the kitchen and we chatted about things so it was a fun night of baking anyway.

Ok, ready for my review of this pin? 

5 stars!

And here is why. First off I followed the instructions to the letter. Doing everything that was said and they came out delicious. I usually tend to skip a step or add an ingredient too early and it messes up. But over the years of cooking and baking I've learned the cooking and baking is a Science and the proportions and order of things do matter. 

There was a couple things I altered though, as I did follow the instructions I didn't follow all the ingredients. Ok, I didn't follow just one. That was the cocoa. I'm a sucker for anything chocolate and an even bigger sucker for dark chocolate, so I substituted the cocoa for dark chocolate cocoa and they were amazing. I would like to add even though a cup and a fourth seems like a lot of cocoa, it is worth it. PUT IN ALL THE COCOA! Trust me! It'll be so much better.


The cookies turned out perfectly! yum!


 The marshmallow cream is such a weird substance and it took awhile to get the filling all mixed in correctly but it was sure good!

 Finished product! Success!
I hope you enjoy them just as much as we did.
                                                                                                                                                                             


 On a totally unrelated note. I saw this family of ducks the other day. I counted 11 babies and they were so stinking cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment