Wednesday, March 20, 2013

DIY Maternity shirt

This should have been posted ages ago, since I now have a 5 month old and no longer pregnant BUT better late than never right? Anyway I found this little beauty of a pin on a cute DIY maternity shirt.

Here is the first step. getting ready to cut the extra large shirt I bought at Walmart. (Sorry the picture is kinda bad.)

With the extra material I made some ruffles for the sleeves.


Then I sewed them on, looks kinda cool huh?

Then I sewed the sleeves to the new sized shirt.



And VWALA! My shirt. Unfortunately I made it slightly too small so I could barely get it on at the time with my ever growing belly, so I'll spare you the ill-fitting shirt, pregnant lady photo.

Overall I would have to give this project 3 stars.

Why?
Not because of the pin but mostly at my lack of trying to look cute in it. I think sometimes I have a grand picture in my head on how it will turn out and then when it doesn't turn out EXACTLY like what I picture I consider it a fail. But whatever, I think I might try it next time I'm pregnant but try either with a larger shirt or just cut less of the sides.

Anyway 
HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!

I'm so excited that it is finally spring, although it is currently snowing in my neck of the woods, it still means more sunny days are right around the corner.
__________________________________________________________________

And since this is a few months late I figured I share a photo of my little one! Just turned 5 months a new days ago. 
Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen? I just want to snuggle her all day!



No comments:

Post a Comment